It may look that the decision for pagure as alioth replacement is already finalized, but that’s not really true. I got a lot of feedback and tips in the last weeks, those made postpone my decision. Several alternative systems were recommended to me, here are a few examples:
and probably several others. I won’t be able to evaluate all of those systems in advance of our sprint. That’s where you come in: if you are familiar with one of those systems, or want to get familiar with them, join us on our mailing list and create a wiki page below https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/GitNext with a review of your system.
What do we need to know?
- Feature set compared to current alioth
- Feature set compared to a popular system like github
- Some implementation designs
- Some information about scaling (expect something like 15.000 > 25.000 repos)
- Support for other version control systems
- Advantages: why should we choose that system
- Disadvantages: why shouldn’t we choose that system
- Other interesting features
- Details about extensibility
- A really nice thing would be a working vagrant box / vagrantfile + ansible/puppet to test things
If you want to start on such a review, please announce it on the mailinglist.